Just missing Grandma GG. I love how everyone in the family thought they were her favorite. What a gift. Grandma GG had a full time job of keeping up on the lives of her grandchildren and great grandchildren. She'd call and get her updates. I remember Grandma GG wanted to come to the boy's baseball game but she wasn't up to sitting outside on bleachers. She had Heather drive her to the outfield fence and she cheered from her car. She has given us a great legacy and gift. Unconditional love. Grandma GG was my grandma-in law but she was mine. She never had to color her strawberry blond hair! That is so cool. Grandma GG was rich in family and rich in love and rich in the number of VHS cassettes she owned. During a difficult time in our lives, Grandma GG sat beside me every single day. She also fed me Mentos while she supported Shawn and I. When Grandma GG passed away, I bought a case of Mentos and gave them to each of the family. I think I might eat Mentos today and visit her.
Today is my grandparents 84 and 85 birthday. It is so cool that they have the same birthday just a year apart. I talked to them yesterday to wish them happy birthday. There is a big family party but we are not invited. Ow that hurts.
Bluebonnets
4 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment