Saturday, June 6, 2009

Here Comes Summer







How about a bit of a synopsis of the last couple of months? Addy's Daisy Scout Troop used some of their cookie money to go to Friends2B Made which is a Build a Bear store where you make a doll. The store was closing and I'd never heard of it before. The girls had lots of fun. Addy and I came home and painted our nails silver to match her doll.

We ate lots of peanuts and Crackerjacks at a Padres' game with Grandma Wendy and Grandpa Paul. It is was a beautiful night, the Padres' won, and they had a great fireworks show. It really was a blast.

The Sat. before Memorial Day, we went to Fort Rosecrans and joined hundreds of Scouts to put a flag at each grave. Flags were put 6 inches from the headstone to not cast a shadow and Scouts were to quietly thank each person for their service. It was not a race, but a thoughtful expression of appreciation. We were so glad we took part. We then went to visit Grandpa Bobby's grave and put a flag and metal star. We saw his headstone for the first time. It was a great reminder of what Memorial Day is. Then we ate humungous breakfast burritos which here delish! Good deeds make us hungry.

Today the boys are at Bates for a town wide Yard Sale. I help collect stuff and will go and shop around. I am not a fan of being a Yard Sale seller and Shawn is a good sport about handling that part. We have lots of ideas of how to spend the money... movie tickets, ice skating, toys... The kids like getting a large sum of cash.

We ran away last weekend to Indian Wells for our 13th Anniversary. We took the kids and spent the weekend hanging out at a pool. No laundry or junk to take care of. I finished reading "Last Lecture." What a great book. So inspiring!

I am working on helping close out VC Adult School which is closing it's doors. I have worked there for 5 years. Fortunately, Escondido has asked me to teach more classes for them. In the fall I will work 3 days a week and be off by 1:30 to get the kids from school at 2:15. Just enough time to grab milk etc. and be with the kiddos. I am grateful to have such a great schedule with all of the school cutbacks. Poway has closed the parent ed classes I taught and made lots of cuts. The opportunity to have good steady hours and finish before the kids are out of school is a huge blessing!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

WOW congrats on the Escondido jobs! Way to go and that is amazing. God is truely sustaining you during all this hullabalu! Can't wait to see you next month! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow-you've been busy. So glad you are doing okay. We still pray every night for Uncle Shawn!

J&J Priest said...

The dolls are cute. sounds like you've guys have been busy.

Melody said...

Looks like a fun summer! Your parents look great, tell them Hi for me! I miss Padres games.....