It is wonderful to check blogs of friends and family. I am a crummy blogger, journal writer, scrapbooker, video maker, and so on. Tonight I've spent some time updating our happenings. We are still celebrating Shawn's new job. We have hit the one month mark. It had been just shy of two years since Shawn had had a reliable work situation. We are so glad we've survived.
My dad was teasing me about my vast thrift store knowledge today but it has taken some creativity to survive. I am so grateful for my little jobs as a teacher in adult education as a parent educator and math teacher. I am also grateful for Shawn's creative thinking and vast skills. He can fix anything and has always found a way to pay our bills. We still don't have cable and are in no hurry to get it. Some things are a blessing to do without. Thank you to many of you for your encouragement and prayers over these last couple of years. We have fasted and prayed many times.
Shawn mentioned a few months ago that when he had a new job, he wanted to go to Mama Testa's Taqueria to celebrate. He heard about it on the radio. Well, he has his job and we have been to Mama Testa's!
Today we spent the day at Doheny. I love this place. Here's to summer!

2 comments:
Looks like fun! Awesome Spelling Bee winners! Miss you guys!
Looks like fun! Congrats to the Spelling Bee winners! Love you!
Post a Comment